Tuesday 26 November 2013

Quite possibly the funniest book I've read in a long time...

And it's a children's book. I think. 
I love this. The unbelievable top secret diary of pig

So, when my youngest picked this off the shelf and insisted he 'needed' it, I agreed on the basis he needs to improve his reading skills and the price tag was a mere £3.95, unaware of the content I thought this might keep him entertained for a short while. 
It wasn't until I took a peek inside the cover and started eyeballing the contents that had me laughing out loud. With a dry sense of humour this doesn't happen often. 

Now, born a West Country girl it's not hard to attempt the accent that would compliment such pig and entertain a 6 year old, not only does it add to the humour I found myself unable to continue for fits of laughter after day 1. 

Whatever your age or interest in pigs or suchlike, I would thoroughly recommend taking 5 minutes out of your day to read an extract or two. Just don't forget to forge the accent if it doesn't come naturally. It helps immensely. 



No comments:

Post a Comment